Office Manager - New York
At West Wing Writers, we help some of the world’s top leaders and organizations to develop, express, and amplify big ideas. We’re looking for an energetic, versatile, full-time Office Manager to join our team. If you want to be a part of a dynamic firm, and learn the ins-and-outs of running a 30+ person company with influential business, nonprofit, and progressive political clients, then West Wing Writers might be the place for you.
We have offices in Washington, DC; New York, NY; and San Francisco, CA. The Office Manager position will be located in our New York office, and report to the Director of Operations in Washington, D.C.
As Office Manager, you will be a key member of the HR/operations team responsible for hiring outreach; planning and executing West Wing Writers’ year-round internship program; and providing administrative support for all WWW initiatives (internal and external) across the firm’s three offices. You will assist the firm’s Director of Operations with the administration of benefits by West Wing Writers, including but not limited to: health insurance, payroll, transit benefits, retirement plans, and IT support. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with the entire team on a range of special projects, including marketing and coordinating the firm’s workshop offerings, organizing staff-wide events, assisting with travel arrangements, strategic planning, and so much more.
You might be our ideal candidate if:
- You are known among your friends as “the planner” who is always a step ahead in making sure every reservation is booked and every detail is accounted for;
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and love to multi-task;
- You put a premium on responsiveness and can’t stand to leave unread messages in your inbox;
- You are a skilled and fearless communicator, whether by phone, email, Slack, Google Hangout, or in person;
- You are (at least) moderately tech-savvy, and enjoy solving problems for people;
- You’ve successfully managed major projects from start to finish and are adept at creating schedules, checklists, and timelines, and meeting all necessary deadlines;
- You are good-natured, eager to learn, and game to take on assignments large and small with equal parts enthusiasm and attention to detail.
We are committed to a diverse workplace. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- A bachelor’s degree; and
- Authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
- Salary range $50,000 - $55,000, based on experience
- Medical/dental/disability insurance, 401K (eligible after 1 year of service), 15 days of paid vacation in Year 1, pre-tax commuter benefit
- Fun and collaborative workplace culture (including weekly WWW staff lunch)