Associate - Consumer Technology Writing Team
Do you have an ear for rhythm, an eye for detail, a mind for research, and a stomach for revision?
Do you have a passion for technology—for thinking and talking and writing about the ways in which it’s changing our lives as consumers, colleagues, and citizens?
Do you think your own life would be better if you just had more deadlines to meet—ideally, several at once?
If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
West Wing Writers is searching for a full-time associate to join our San Francisco office as a member of our consumer-technology messaging and writing team.
As an associate, you’ll be an integral part of West Wing Writers:
- You’ll research and write about important issues, in a variety of formats: from presentations to press releases (and everything in between);
- You’ll help craft messages, strategy, and written products for some of the world’s most influential leaders, organizations, and brands;
- You’ll be asked to do so thoroughly, thoughtfully, quickly, and carefully;
- You’ll attend regular meetings with clients, and be expected to learn fast;
- You’ll work closely and collaboratively with other associates, directors, principals, and partners at the firm.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has exceptional written and oral communications skills;
- Is creative, curious, thoughtful, motivated, dependable, and professional;
- Works well both independently and in teams;
- Has a bachelor’s degree and 1-5 years post-grad work experience; and
- Is authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
West Wing Writers, LLC, helps leaders, organizations, and brands give voice to their vision, providing storytelling and messaging that informs, influences, and inspires. We’re veterans of the Clinton White House and the Obama White House, of presidential campaigns, governors’ offices, and Capitol Hill. We are authors and political commentators, teachers and journalists, historians and activists. All of this finds expression in our writing. We got started in 2001, when we took President Clinton’s speechwriting shop and moved it to the private sector. Today, we specialize in the development, expression, and amplification of ideas—and are home to 30-some creative thinkers and talented writers, with offices in Washington, DC, New York, and San Francisco. West Wing Writers offers competitive salary and benefits. We are committed to a diverse workplace. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.